Rural communities in Northumberland will be vibrant, inclusive and sustainable.
Our mission is to benefit and help sustain rural communities in Northumberland by:
- Promoting Rural Issues – Providing and supporting a ‘rural voice’ to influence policy, programmes and action.
- Empowering Communities – Supporting and developing local communities, their key groups and organisations.
- Delivering solutions – Identifying, developing and managing projects to address the needs of individuals.
- Addressing climate change – delivering projects and influencing behaviours to help meet climate action requirements.
CAN’s core values are based on:
- A consistent and absolute commitment to rural communities.
- Enabling rural communities to shape their own future.
- Being flexible and responsive to change.
- Continually learning as an organisation and delivering exemplar activities.
- An inclusive approach across all Northumberland’s rural residents.
- Working with integrity, openness and a genuine passion to help Northumberland’s rural communities thrive.