The data controller is CAN, UNIUN Enterprise Building, Front Street, Pegswood, Northumberland NE61 6UF
Purpose and legal basis
When you give us your personal data we will use it in the following ways:
- to send you information you have consented to receive
- to fulfill our legitimate organisational interests
- to provide our OilCAN service if you have signed up for this (see below)
And in particular to send you:
- the ebulletin you have told us you want to receive
- invitations to events
- for internal record keeping and research purposes and to improve our services
We won’t transfer your personal data internationally; or use your data for automatic profiling. We use an external website support company (Indigo). We will not share your details with any other third party.
CAN does not hold any special categories of data for our members or subscribers, or for any attendees at events hosted by us, or that we are hosting with partners.
- if signing up for our OilCAN bulk buying heating fuel service we will share your data provided (email, name, contact details) with your local OilCAN co-ordinator. Once you have become a member of the scheme they will pass your details provided on with your order to A F Affinity Ltd to deliver the service. We have a data sharing agreement in place with A F Affinity Ltd. who also abide by data protection regulations. Once no longer a member your details will be destroyed after 3 months.
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to see what information IN holds about you (a ‘subject access request’) and to ask for the information to be amended if incorrect. To make this request please email firstname.lastname@example.org Your request will be forwarded to the relevant person in the organisation and will be acknowledged.
Your request will be carried out within one month unless there is good reason for this not to be possible. In this event we will contact you and explain why we cannot carry out your request within one month.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent please email email@example.com Your request will be forwarded to the relevant person in the organisation and will be acknowledged.
Your request will be carried out within one month unless there is good reason for this not to be possible. In this event we will contact you and explain why we cannot carry out your request.
When making a ‘Subject Access Request’ or withdrawing consent, we may need to ask you to identify yourself to ensure the personal data you are contacting us about belongs to you.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Cookies used by Google Analytics are:
Name Permanent Type
__utmc No Standard
__utma Yes Standard
__utmb Yes Standard
__utmz Yes Standard